Africa Nazarene University offers several financial aid packages to needy and deserving students, alumni and their families. At African Nazarene University, our commitment to supporting students’ educational journeys has been unwavering. Through our financial aid programs and scholarships, we have had the privilege of witnessing firsthand the transformative impact they have had on the lives of many individuals. Our aim has always been to create opportunities for students who face financial barriers, enabling them to pursue higher education and achieve their dreams.
- Applying for financial aid is done annually, and paying attention to deadlines is crucial.
- Obtain, read, complete, and return your application early.
- Ensure that you meet the requirements for financial aid you wish to apply.
- Attach the necessary supporting documents such as copies of your KCSE results slip and your admission letter.
- For continuing students, attach your transcripts and fee statement.
- Your financial aid will be credited to your student account after all financial aid award requirements are met.
- No funds will be disbursed to your student account unless you have complied with all the requirements. If your application is successful, you will be contacted via phone call or email by a representative of ANU.
A student receiving the university’s financial aid or other financial aid directly administered by the university must maintain satisfactory academic progress towards the completion of their program of study. Satisfactory academic progress is measured at the end of each semester against the following:
- The student must have met the required class attendance.
- The student must have passed all attempted units.
- The student must have achieved the set minimum average grade indicated in their award letter.
Failure to meet the above conditions will lead to suspension of financial aid.
Students share their financial aid story
We take immense pride in the fact that our financial aid programs and scholarships have played a pivotal role in empowering students from diverse backgrounds to access quality education and shape a brighter future for themselves.
Financial Aid Packages
- ANU Nazarene’s Scholarship – 20% scholarship off tuition fees for active members of the Church of the Nazarene.
- ANU Partial Scholarship – Partial scholarships on tuition fees; 15% OFF for B+ 30% OFF for A – and above
- Work-study program
- Basketball Scholarship
- ASOSI Scholarship
- Ministerial Scholarship
- ANU Endowments and Designated Scholarships
- Barney Servanthood Award School of Business Scholarship
Alumni/ Progressing students
- Alumni Progressing With Exemptions Scholarship: This is a 10% scholarship on tuition and fee waiver on all exemptions awarded to alumni progressing from Diploma to Degree Level.
- Alumni Progressing Without Exemptions Scholarship: This is a 10%scholarship on tuition granted to alumni progressing from Undergraduate to Master’s Level or Master’s to Ph.D. level.
- Alumni Family Scholarship: Now, the whole family can study at ANU. We are offering alumni a 10% scholarship on tuition fees for your spouse, your child and your sibling.
Our students can access various available financial assistance. Each scholarship or funding source has set criteria for eligibility.
15 – 30% of tuition fees
The award is given to student who qualify with a KCSE mean grade of between A and A-(30%) and B+(15%) or an equivalent and joining ANU on private sponsorship NOT government sponsorship
This award is offered on semester basis on condition that the student maintains a GPA of 3.0
When to apply
Applicants who have completed high school education within 2 years prior to date of application
Full-time enrollment each semester
Level of Education
Student must not be on disciplinary probation
Scholarship to only fund tuition and fees