ANU Programs & Majors
Description of the Program
The PhD (Business Administration and Management) is a terminal research degree designed for those who desire to pursue business and management at the highest level.
The emphasis of the programme is on the writing of a specialised thesis that makes an original contribution to knowledge within one of the sub-fields of strategic management, project management, human resource management or marketing.
Objectives of the Program
The Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration and Management aims to help students grow holistically through the outcomes of knowledge, skills, professional development and attitudes. At the time of graduation, students will be able to meet the following degree objectives:
- Use academic abilities, research methods, and advanced business skills in developing creative forms and modes of engagement in business activities.
- Formulate strategies for human relationships and leadership in various business contexts.
- Incorporate statistical analysis into business operations and activities
- Apply the acquired skills to conduct business research and communicate outcomes to the business community and society at large.
A student shall undertake two (2) University Common Units, four (4) Core Units of the programme, four (4) concentration/specialisation units and a thesis.
- Research Methods
- Research Seminar
Core program units
- Leadership and Ethics in Corporate Governance
- Applied Statistics
- Managerial Economics
- Global Business Management
- Strategic Management Theory, Models and Frameworks
- Development of Innovation Strategies
- Managing International and Global Business
- Strategy Strategies
- Seminar in Strategic Management
- Project Management Theory
- Project Identification, Planning and Control
- Project Financing, Cost Benefit and Risk Analysis
- Seminar Paper in Project Management
Human Resource Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Leading Organisational Change
- Seminar in Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management Theory
- Global Marketing Strategy
- Seminar in Consumer Behaviour and Marketing
The minimum requirement for admission/registration for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration and Management is a Master’s degree in business and management fields with GPA of 3.0 to 4.0.
Holders of a Master degree or equivalent academic qualification of another institution recognized by Africa Nazarene University as being of comparable status will also be granted consideration. In either case, the applicant should be able to produce evidence, to the satisfaction of the University, of his/her capacity to carry out original research.
No. of Units for one to graduate
To be considered for graduation students must complete at least the following:
- 2 Common doctoral research units
- 4 core units of Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration and Management
- 4 concentration units (10 Total -30 Credits)
- Doctoral thesis (60 credits)
MODE OF STUDY
DURATION OF PROGRAM