Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited Private Christian University sponsored by the Church of Nazarene International, which follows the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition. It integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
Applications are invited from qualified professionals to fill the following positions:
REGISTERED NURSE – (PART-TIME BASIS) – 1 Post
The holder of this position will be reporting to the Clinical Officer in- Charge and will be required on a part time basis, in the evening from 4.00 – 8.30 pm to provide nursing care to patients, attend to medical emergencies, accompany referred patients and administer prescribed medications. He/she will ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out in accordance with nursing standards.
- Treat patients and observation of vital signs.
- Maintain medical records
- Observe and monitor patients’ conditions.
- Offer medical advice to clients
- Assist in surgical procedures and dressing of wounds
- Referral (where necessary) of medical emergencies
- Accompany patients to hospitals upon referral.
- General housekeeping of the clinic – maintaining proper hygiene standards
- Assist in preparation/pre-packaging of first aid kits.
- Administering drugs as needed
- Assist in monthly stock take
- Billing and sending of monthly insurance invoices.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited medical training institution
- Kenya Registered Nurse/Kenya Registered Community Nurse
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- 3 years’ proven experience in a busy health Centre, Level 4 or Mission Hospital
- (Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in a university setting)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and counselling skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications on or before 15th March, 2017 addressed to:
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
The applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and names and contacts of three referees.