Institute of Research, Development and Policy
As mandated in the University Charter and articulated in the Statutes, Africa Nazarene University (ANU) established an Institute of Research, Development and Policy (IRDP) to fulfill its function to “Participate in the discovery, transmission and preservation of Knowledge, thereby stimulating and encouraging continued ethical, intellectual and cultural development in Africa” (Charter for Africa Nazarene University, 8th October, 2002).
ANU aims to be the premier research institute in the region by developing the capacity of its students and staff to do meaningful research, and by collaborating with internationally recognized partners to generate, preserve, and transfer knowledge that will transform the lives of our students, staff, and of communities within our sphere of influence. IRDP’s goal is to become unparalleled in its growth, promotion and protection of research at ANU and in the region.
IRDP seeks to support research that is characterized by:
- Integrity and ethics
- Excellence and compliance to professional and academic standards
- Creativity and innovation
- Leadership and accountability
- The development of appropriate research infrastructure needed to support research including the capacity of the human capital within the ANU student body, staff, and collaborative partners; technology and data analysis software; and funding and fiscal or in-kind project support;
- The recruitment and retention of staff and faculty who will support and advance ANU’s research objectives;
- The administration and coordination of collaborative partnerships;
- Support of both the Board of Undergraduate Studies and Board of Post graduate Studies in relation to any research focused activities;
- The promotion of University research and publications by assisting staff to submit their research results to refereed journals and professional publications including an ANU IRDP publication;
- The establishment of an ANU IRDP publication;
- Participation in symposia, poster presentations, and conferences;
- Synergy with industry, other academic and research institutions and hosting of flagship research projects.
To provide a framework and support that facilitates the generation (research), transfer (learning and training), storage (data base/ collection), and dissemination (publication, outreach, and consultancy) of knowledge focused at transforming the society in a manner that is characterized by Christian values.
Institute of Research, Development and Policy (IRDP) seeks to provide direction and a framework that facilitates effective fulfillment of the University research functions. The IRDP will:
- Facilitate and establish quality research projects that meet the highest ethical, academic and professional research standards;
- Facilitate and coordinate collaborations between departments, ANU and other research outfits, academic institutions, public agencies, and private entities in industry;
- Host innovative initiatives focused on sustainable economic and social development, which combine research, knowledge transfer, dissemination, community based problem solving, capacity development, and wealth and employment generation that address daunting national, regional, and global challenges of the 21st Century;
- Provide a database of funding options - related grants, fellowships, and other funding opportunities;
- Build capacity of students and staff in proposal, grant, and research report writing;
- Provide technical support in data analysis both qualitative and quantitative research projects;
- Facilitate project knowledge transfer and dissemination to public domain.