Institute of Open and Distance Learning: Evaluation and Assessment
The assessment procedure is a competence-based system. The competencies to be assessed will be all within four categories, namely:
- Subject knowledge
- Skill of reflection
- Skills in recording and reporting
- Interpersonal and social skills
The quality of response to distance learning will be judged by the extent to which the students:
- Make good progress in the development of competencies and knowledge
- Complete tasks to a good standard and in a timely manner
- Show commitment and contribute confidently to discussion and practical work
- Relate what they learn in the course work to their work experiences.
Awarding of Marks
- Weekly continuous assessments will count for 40 marks required for the unit taught.
- A three hours one day exam will be done by each student at the center nearest to them.
- A take away written assignment or project work may be given to enhance students' understanding of the material learnt and applied in the work place.