Computer Information Systems
CIS provides centralised and distributed computing and telecommunication services for academic, research and administrative use to support the University’s mission and meet the needs of faculty, staff and students. The services provided include, among others, computing, telecommunications, networking, data security, web services, user support, PC repair, installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure, usage policies and procedures development, setting up and supporting student labs, obtaining and distributing software licenses, IT planning, and applications development.
The goals of the department are as follows:
Use ICT to support the institutional mission of the University by:
- Creating and maintaining IT facilities
- Providing IT tools to the University community
- Enhancing IT instructional services
Provide the core services for the University IT infrastructure
- Support the campus network
- Provide primary communications systems
- Support core information services
- Provide excellent user support services
- Develop the human resources within the University
- Support the operations and continual improvement of the ICT facilities of the University.
- Encourage efficient use of computing and general communication among the University’s departments
- Improve the University’s infrastructure and core technologies.
- Enhance the University’s Web presence.
- Provide support for administrative systems.
- Provide user support for hardware and software