Bachelor of Arts in Counselling PsychologyPosted on 07 October 2010 10:06
Objectives of the programme:
By the end of this course,our graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate superior understanding of the theories and techniques of counselling psychology in their practice
- Practice counselling in a away that is consistent with the legal and ethical principles of counselling
- Practice counselling in a variety of work settings including hospitals, church organisations schools, colleges, NGOs Community Based Organizations and in private practice.
- Work with a variety of special populations including the HIV positive,refugees, disabled, windowed etc.
Duration of the Programme
The entry requirement for this course includes either of the following:
- KCSE C+ (Plus) and above or Division 11
- C ( Plain) plus a Diploma in counselling from a recognized institution
- C- (minus) plus a Diploma from a recognized institution
- D+ (Plus) plus a Certificate and Diploma
Modes of Study:
You can choose to study our Degree programme through any of the following programmes
- Regular programme,
- Evening programme
- Distance Learning programme.
The intake for the regular programme is in January, April, September.
intake for the distance learning programme is done every month.